Monday, July 6, 2009

Twins Again

This is Maddie(Peanut to some) and Jacob. They are my niece and nephew. Their brother Jacob and sister Megan are their older twin brother and sister. I have wanted to paint this for a long time. I love how the light plays across the form of Maddie. I love how her body is sprawled out...so unposed.
I read something interesting today. "If we want to be more honest, we have to be willing to let go of our "niceness". In letting go of our niceness,we find ourselves becoming more honest.Getting honest about ourselves and our lives is an essential step toward health." by Anne Wilson Schaef.
I always tried to be "nice " to people even when it hurt. That isn't honest. I need to be honest with myself. I can not be nice all the time. What I need to be is true to myself and my beliefs.
The sun is shining and the studio and dogs are waiting. Must go! :)

No comments: