Sunday, July 5, 2009

"3 Grandsons" again only revised


I have done a lot more work on this painting of my three grandsons. I was hoping, oh never mind. The earlier version can be seen on my Tuesday April 11th post (I think). I hate doing detail...it is like having teeth pulled. I LOVE starting paintings! I can be wild and sculptural with the brush but when it comes to all those delicate temperature changes, form shadows and minute detail ULK!! I WILL NEVER BE A PORTRAIT PAINTER!!!!!!!! I am hoping that I will be able to use all the things I am learning to make the new improved me, better. I really do not want to lose who I am artistically in the process!

"Until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person can not say, "I choose otherwise". This is a quote from Stephen R. Covey

No comments: