Thursday, June 3, 2010

25 minute quick study, landscape 2, parking garage

The next few postings are more urban in content. This painting is only 25 minutes. Some of these quick studies will be finished, others painted over but I am not ready to make that decision now. Yesterday I was thinning the water lilies in the fish pond and as I was doing that, I was thinking of Monet. I wondered if he thinned his water lilies or was he wealthy enough to have a gardener to maintain his pond. The lilies do not bloom without light, so I was pulling out the old spent leaves and the excessive growth that was shading the blooms. It is funny, when I made the pond more than 10 years ago my plan was to paint the water lilies...and all these years later...I still have not done that. Someday....

No comments: