Monday, November 30, 2009

Appropriation, collage

I have skipped alterity because I have included photos of my students in the piece and need permission to publish it online. I have done about 20 collages for my journal for the class "Crossing Borders". Each collage is about a word in post colonial studies. This word is appropriation. In this collage the modern gangs are using tatoos that originated with early tribal peoples but they are using for their own imagery and purposes. One of my class mates said we should wash our faces in good thoughts and I love the idea behind those words. Now every morning when I wash my face I will think of those good thoughts for the day. Good night all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very nice blog , interesting posts and with a wonderful them.
Congratulations. Continue your work here. It is wonderful what I see! Have a gorgeous day! smiles