Sunday, April 26, 2009

Breast Cancer 3, Woman in the Yellow Shirt

This painting was inspired by a woman I met in Dr. Maboricks' office(he does the best reconstructive surgery in the country and he is a perfectionist) I was pretty scared and feeling sorry for myself. We got to talking and she had a double masectomy and was so sick yet she was setting up her reconstruction and had so much hope that I had to honor her valor. She was wearing a yellow shirt but there was not a drop of cowardess in her. She made me realize that I did not have it so bad and that there are reople everywhere that have struggles much more desperate than my own. I think the painting shows a clear picture of what she was going through. It was painted in acrylics on paper.
I am posting these to give my son support in his Mother's Day run to raise money to fight breast cancer. It support him click here.

No comments: