Saturday, April 25, 2009

Breast Cancer 2

I had a hard time deciding what to post today but decided that since my son is doing that 7 K run on Mother's Day to raise money for breast cancer research I would let my post support his efforts till I run out of my breast cancer pieces. This was done about 8 years ago when I was recovering from my masectomy. My husband was having atrial fib and in and out of the hospital several times, while all this was going on, so in this piece I have put together my heart break for fear I may lose my husband,my own life and my breast all into this abstract expressionist piece. I chose cool colors as I equate them with depression and sadness. The painting is of my chest showing the healthy breast and the breast ripped out with the surgeons skillful knife.

Sorry I was so slow to post this morning. I decided to be leisurely today and went to several garage sales and painted on "My Three Grandsons" some more. When I am sure it is done I will post it again. It is MUCH better than the last time you saw it. I also worked on my last painting for my masters class. It is far from done but slowly coming along. I have been on the back porch painting instead of the studio because the day is Sooooooo beautiful and the dogs have been keeping me company. Have a great day!!!! ; )

No comments: