Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Lonely Green Apple", in process








I tried to post this this morning and did something wrong and lost everything...so I gave up. Now I am trying again. 


The bottom photo is the still life I set up in my studio. Then the line drawing. After that I took a very dirty chamois and blocked in the dark values. I used fixative between each step.  Then I started laying in blocks of color. The last one (bottom left one) the color is more refined but a long way from being done. I will add more steps tomorrow.

This lonely green apple kept me awake at night because it was really giving me a hard time.  As I worked on it the apple felt cut out instead of in space and the apple grew to large and became a new species of apple that I have never heard of. This is a part of the growth. Everything is not always easy. Tomorrow I will post a few more steps.


No comments: